In accordance with Data Protection legislation, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we are advising you that any personal and/or sensitive data requested from you will be stored securely and will only be used in order to manage the contract of business, including insurance requirements, we are arranging where we have a legal obligation in handling your data. We may also have a legitimate interest in handling your data when dealing with third parties, such as your insurers. This information will only be made available to third parties, such as insurers or their claims handling agents, in order to further manage and service your insurance policy.
We will retain your information for a period of time which is necessary to ensure no further liability, such as any insurance claims, exists. This period will normally be 7 years from expiry of the policy but may be extended for certain types of business.
The types of data vary but typically include name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth. Other details may be needed depending on the type of insurance required.
For certain types of business we may require sensitive information from you in order to arrange your insurance requirements or service any claims, for example, medical records, which may involve passing such information to insurers or their claims handling agents. If required we will seek your consent to this.
We will not transfer your data outside the EU. Your insurers and/or their third party agents may pass data outside the EU and if so, we will seek their confirmation that this is adequately protected.
You have the right to:-
- See a copy of the personal information we hold about you, free of charge
- Ask us to delete any of your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for continuing to hold it.
- To have any inaccurate or misleading data corrected or deleted
- Restrict the processing of your data
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy with the manner in which we store or handle your data.
- If you provide data to us about other people you must provide this notice to them before you pass their data to us. You must obtain their consent if this includes sensitive data such as health or criminal record data.
If at any time you wish to know what information we hold on you, or have any queries relating to the above, please contact our director responsible for Data Protection issues at:-
Telephone: 020 7977 5700
Or write to:
Crispin Speers & Partners Ltd
St Clare House
London EC3N 1PE